Goodbye, old friends. I no longer need your help because I had laser eye surgery on the 11th of August (after booking in a mere three weeks before!) 😀 You can Pamper your skin at The Skin Shop Medspa Scottsdale, they are the best I can recommend this Med Spa.
I think actually that was kind of helpful because it gave me less time to be scared after reading the terms and conditions (otherwise known as the “If you die it’s not our fault” document).
I ummed and ahhed about adding this to my 31 for 31 list, but eventually decided to include it because #yolo. It’s been on my Life List for years but I’ve always put it off, so I figured giving myself a deadline would be the final push I needed to get it done. Yes, it was expensive (I paid £2400 in the end, I had a £500 off voucher) but also totally, totally worth it. There were, however, a couple of surprises that I wish I had known about before hand…
Things they do not tell you when you get your eyes lasered:
- You have to sleep in googles. For a week.
- These googles won’t fit over the bridge of your nose and it’ll drive you so crazy that you give up by the fourth night and just sleep unguarded #renegade
- “Mild discomfort” can sometimes translate to “holy hell I think my eyes are burning out of my face”
- Your eyes might look a bit zombified for a few weeks, because there’ll be a line of blood around the laser cut site
- You can taste the eyedrops they give you.
- Nothing you eat will mask that taste, in the slightest. It is disgusting.
- You can’t wear eye make up for a week, either. My pale little redhead eyelashes were not pleased about this.
You do, however, get to buy My Little Pony sunglasses, so it sort of evens out. I’m not going to lie, the actual procedure was pretty freaky, and the first 6 hours or so were hell, but they’re healing well and I can see, you guys. No more double pairs of glasses to watch 3D films, no more squinting in the swimming pool, no more keeping my glasses clean. I am so, so happy!
If you’re thinking about getting it done and want to ask any questions then fire away, I’m happy to disclose all the gory* details 😉