- Quiet moments of inspiration
- Fresh fruit
- Running your fingers through wet hair
- An extra ten minutes in bed
- Perfecting a recipe
See the whole list here
01. NEW Jon McGregor– Even the Dogs
02. NEW Janet Evanovich – Plum Lucky
03. NEW Enid Blyton / Pamela Cox – New Term at Malory Towers
04. NEW Enid Blyton / Pamela Cox – Summer Term at Malory Towers
05. NEW Enid Blyton / Pamela Cox – Fun and Games at Malory Towers
06. RR Enid Blyton – Summer Term at St Clare’s
07. RR David Levithan – The Lover’s Dictionary
08. RR Stephen King – Under the Dome
I only read eight books in February and four of those were kids books, so I feel a bit slack, like I’ve barely read anything at all which is silly, really. Everyone blames February for being a short month but it’s only missing three days so I doubt having that extra time would have made a huge difference! I did manage to re-read a favourite tho, Under the Dome by Stephen King. A 900 odd page epic that I first read (and loved) in 2010, it stands up to the test of time and remains a spine chilling page turner. I also re-read The Lover’s Dictionary by David Levithan (which in comparison took less than 24 hours) another favourite but for totally different reasons. I didn’t massively enjoy Even the Dogs which is a shame because I’ve liked the rest of Jon McGregor’s books but hey, you can’t win them all, right?
Total read so far in 2013: 20
Thanks for making Lemsip palatable for me. I really hate the taste of it but I know it does me good, so having something to sweeten it up when I’m not feeling my best is super appreciated.
Dear apple crumble,
Thanks for being a dessert that I can actually make without wheat and dairy. I’ve tried a few other recipes that ended in disappointment but you just ended with tasty, tasty crunch. Thanks for being willing to adapt for me, I appreciate the effort.
Thank you for being the type of girls I always wished I was friends with when I was younger. You are smart, kind, creative and best of all – fucking hilarious on a daily basis. I love you guys like family and I’m thankful for that every day. You all rock! Amy, Sarah, Hayley – you are my people. Thanks for giving me a place on the best team on earth and for letting me be the M to your MASH.